Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Month To Go!

I woke up today, looked at the date, and realised it's exactly one month until the big day.

I'm so excited and happy ... and strangely relaxed! Although I will possibly get more stressed as it gets closer to the day, so far I'm in a great state of bridal zen. Everything is under control, the major things are done, so I can finally enjoy just being engaged!

I haven't reflected much about what it means to me to get married. Mostly because I haven't thought about it much at all. I can't see how I would feel any different. I already feel secure in our relationship and our feelings towards each other. I know we have the same life goals and are committed to each other. I can't describe why I'm so excited ... and I am really looking forward to everything that's going to happen and change with this day.

I'm looking forward to Alec being my husband. I'm looking forward to being his wife. I'm looking forward to the day after the wedding when we wake up, married, and get to spend a few days together relaxing on the beach before coming back to reality. I'm also looking forward to us becoming parents, as super-scary as that is. I really can't believe I just said that - I always thought I would be the least-likely person to have kids! I guess it just took a while to find the right person to bring out those feelings in me.

Anyway, here's hoping my zen state lasts the next month, and I don't turn the bridezilla below as the day gets closer and my stress levels rise!


1 comment: